|Spaghetti in Spicy Peanut Sauce||
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) vegetable stock or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 qt (6 l) water
- 12 oz dried spaghetti
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum), seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum) seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green (spring) onions, green and white parts
- 1/4 cup (1/3oz/10g) chopped fresh cilantro (fresh coriander)
- n small saucepan,over med. high heat, heat the stock until hot.
- To make the sauce,in med. bowl, combine the hot broth, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on box until al dente.During the last minute of cooking add bell peppers and blanch for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl combine pasta ,peppers and sauce to coat well. Serve and ENJOY!!!
To test that pasta is done al dente, use a long fork to remove a piece about 1 minute before the allotted cooking time. Let it cool briefly, then taste. When al dente it should be tender and cooked through but still chewy.
7 Responses to “Spaghetti in Spicy Peanut Sauce”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.