|Curried Chicken Stew||
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55 mins
This mild, intriguing curry sauce also works well with chunks of lean pork tenderloin, cooked in the same way.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum), seeded, deribbed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (fresh coriander)
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and saute until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, curry, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the yogurt and cilantro. Stir to mix well.
- To serve, divide among 4 individual plates.
Calories: 218 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Protein: 30g Cholesterol: 66mg
Shopping Tip: Fresh cilantro, sometimes called Chinese parsley, adds a unique piquancy to this Asian-spiced stew. If fresh cilantro is not available, use flat-leaf (Italian) parsley instead.
Roasted Butternut Squash
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad & White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Spinach and Roasted Chestnuts
PUMPKIN SPICE BREAD
Curried Chicken Stew
Salmon with Corn Sauce
Spaghetti in Spicy Peanut Sauce
Sesame Chicken and Snow Peas in Apricot Sauce
- Recipe of the Month
- Buy The Book