|Pumpkin Spice Bread||
Recipe type: dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cupr margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 7/8 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- Preheat an over to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, using an electric mixer or by hand, beat the margarine and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and agg white and beat until blended. Add the pumpkin and yogurt and beat until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 8 slices and place on individual plates. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Calories: 389 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 73g Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 53mg